Wednesday, March 31, 2021

    It takes a lot nowadays for me to trade a Michael Duron sketch from my collection. There's two situations where I'll consider it. Either 1) I'm trading a Duron for a Duron, or 2) a Collector is a specific character or set collector, AND they are willing to trade a different Duron to me for one(s) that fit into their collection. I've been working on a trade for some time- my good friend Brian collects Mike's pano sketches from the Star Wars Illustrated sets, and I had one. It's the sketch that is today's blog subject, and Brian has wanted to add it to his collection for awhile. I wasn't sure what to ask in return, and then I was talking to another Duron collector and his focus was on Mike's sketches from the 2012 and 2013 Galactic Files sets. Turned out my friend Brian had four sketches by Mike from those sets. This eased the pain of trading this great pano, knowing that I was trading a Duron (and a few other sketches) to Brian for 4 Duron sketches, even if they would only be in my possession for a short time, as I would be trading these 4 Duron sketches for different Duron sketches. Confused yet? Hopefully the blog posts the next few weeks will help. Today's sketch comes from Star Wars Illustrated The Empire Strikes Back and features Han Solo punching Lando Calrissian. This sketch is fantastic- great characters in a great scene, and Mike just nails every aspect of it.  Literally, they don't get much better than this one. But it will take a special place in Brian's collection, and the 4 sketches he traded to me will take a special place in another collection, and in return I'll get back some amazing Durons for my collection. I promise you, it'll all make sense in the end. As for today's blog post sketch, it's already off to a great collection, so this is my send off. A blog post send-off. 

   Well, that's it for this week. Be sure to check back next week as I reveal another piece to this triple trade between Duron fans. Thanks to all for stopping by and reading! 

#Starwars #michaelduron #Locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #empirestrikesback #hansolo #harrisonford #landocalrissian #billydeewilliams

@michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio 




No comments:

Post a Comment