Wednesday, March 3, 2021

    Mike started transitioning to his Sugar Boogerz style I believe in 2012's Galaxy 7. That's the first set that I can remember firsthand seeing that style sketch cards. In fact, the last sketch that I blogged about in my original Locoduck blog was a Sugar Boogerz Darth Vader with two Snowtroopers.  

   Which leads us to this week's sketch, which ironically is a Sugar Boogerz Snowtrooper. This one is from 2014 Star Wars Chrome Perspectives. I picked this one up in a big sketch sale along with three other Durons. That was a great day for my collection! Normally I don't collect Trooper sketches, but I make exceptions for my favorite artist. And I like the fact that it's a Snowtrooper instead of just a plain old Stormtrooper. There are many cool things about the movie "The Empire Strikes Back", and Snowtroopers are one of them. George Lucas was a marketing genius with his Star Wars troopers. He had them for every weather condition and scenario. Me, I would have used Stormtroopers in every scenario. So thank you George Lucas. And I'll just say it now, Snowtroopers are my favorites. That being said, I'm also including a picture of that Galaxy 7 Darth Vader  w/Snowtroopers sketch that I mentioned earlier. 

   That's all for this week. Thanks all for stopping by and reading! 

#starwars #michaelduron #Locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #empirestrikesback #snowtrooper #darthvader #vader #lordvader #sithapprentice #Sithlord #jamesearljones #davidprowse #sugarboogerz @michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio 





No comments:

Post a Comment