Wednesday, March 10, 2021

     I always thought Jedi Master Plo Koon looked cool and had the prototypical Jedi mentality. He was wise, he was always calm, he was a protector, and he was a leader. And I thought he was mega cool looking. Personally, my favorite thing about George Lucas' Prequels were all the cool Jedi he wrote into the stories. They're my favorite characters. If I could build my collection off of only one one type of character, it would be Jedi. Luke Skywalker, Yoda, Obi Wan Kenobi, Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, Ki-Adi-Mundi... on and on. If my collection only contained Jedi, I would be a happy man.

   This sketch is another from the Revenge of the Sith Widevision set. I say it with every Widevision sketch I blog about- I love them because they give the artist more room to work. This one appears to be another in Mike's series of (what I call) "up close and personal" sketches from that set- head shots. I do like how Mike added a lightsaber to this one, as lightsabers always make a sketch better! And if I never mentioned it before, I like how Mike draws lightsabers- a little detail like the specks that Mike scatters along a lightsaber to me show off the energy of the weapon. Mike is great with the little details. Plo Koon has a really detailed face, and although Mike didn't do fine detail on all of it, I like that he did on one of Plo's coolest features- his eyes.

   That's all for today so thanks for stopping by and reading!

#starwars #michaelduron #locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #plokoon #jedimaster #jedi #georgelucas #lukeskywalker #luke #Yoda #obiwankenobi #obiwan #benkenobi #macewindu #quigonnjinn #shaakti, #kitfisto, #kiadimundi #lightsaber #revengeofthesith #anewhope #empirestrikesback #returnofthejedi #thephantommenace #attackoftheclones #theforceawakens #thelastjedi #riseofskywalker 

@michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio 




No comments:

Post a Comment