Wednesday, November 4, 2020

    Another recent pick-up from Mike's Indiana Jones Heritage contributions- I was very happy to get this "Last Crusade" sketch of Indy, Elsa, and Vogel from a great scene in the movie. Vogel has a gun on Elsa, and she talks Indy into dropping the gun he's holding against his father's urgings. "But she's one of them... she's a Nazi... trust me" says Indy's father, played by the late great Sean Connery. Indy believes the pleadings of a desperate Elsa over his father, and as it turns out, father knows best. 

   At first I didn't even realize this was a three character sketch. When you look at the card you (of course) see Elsa and Vogel. I didn't even really notice Indy on the right side of the card. I mean, it is just his nose, one eye, some moustache stubble, and the brim of his hat, but he's there.

   I remember in 2008 how excited Mike was for these sets because of his love for the Indiana Jones genre. I say it pretty much every time I feature an Indiana Jones sketch here, but you can see Mike's passion for the genre in every card he did. I love everything about this card. Starting with Vogel- his eyes pop out, the grim look on his face, and Mike did a great job with his hat and gun. I like how Mike drew Elsa's mouth and hair, and her closed eyes are a stark contrast to Vogel's. The Diary is another great prop. And how Mike worked Indy into the card, even if it's just a hint of him. Overall, just a great card. I love when a card can instantly transport you to a moment in a movie.

   Well, that's all for today. Thanks for stopping by and reading!

#indianajones #michaelduron #locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #raidersofthelostark #indianajonesandthetempleofdoom #indianajonesandthelastcrusade #harrisonford #indy #elsa #alisondoody #vogel #michaelbyrne #seanconnery @michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio 




No comments:

Post a Comment