Thursday, November 12, 2020

    "And my axe". With those words (and a glare at Legolas) Gimli, son of Gloin, volunteered for the Fellowship. 

   Gimli has always been one of, if not my favorite character in Lord of the Rings. I grew up playing Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, and Dwarf fighters were always a favorite of both my twin brother and I. Plus I had been a fan of John Rhys-Davies from his Indiana Jones days playing Indy's buddy Sallah. I was pleasantly surprised the first time I saw "Fellowship of the Ring" to find out he was playing the role of Gimli. I have always said the Lord of the Rings movies were perfectly cast. I'm biased yes, but in my opinion there's not one actor that's not perfect for the role they played.

   I have had a variety of Gimli sketches by Mike over the years. Ones from Masterpieces II, PSCs, and the wonderful artwork that he did for me when I got John Rhys-Davies autograph at a Comic Con. 

   Anyways, that's it for today. Sorry so short and sorry that I'm a day late with this post- I had a lot going on yesterday. Thanks to all for stopping by and reading!

#lordoftherings #michaelduron #Locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #gimlisonofgloin #gimli #fellowshipofthering #thetwotowers #returnoftheking #lordelrond #frodobaggins #frodo #bilbobaggins #bilbo #gandalf #samwisegamgee #sam #aragorn #legolas #boromir #merry #pippin #andmyaxe #dungeonsanddragons #advanceddungeonsanddragons @michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio 






No comments:

Post a Comment