Friday, July 3, 2020

   The Clone Wars 2008 set holds a special place in my heart because it was the first ever Star Wars product I opened. I had discovered sketch cards the years before,  so when I heard a new Star Wars movie was coming out the following year and the card set for it included sketch cards I definitely wanted to try some. I had collected sports cards and opened those kind of products for 20+ years, and they were expensive. I asked my local card shop owner about ordering a case of Clone Wars 2008 and he quoted me $280 for an 8 box case. Huh? REALLY? $35 a box? That cheap? I ordered a case, and in retrospect probably should have ordered 2 or 3 at that price, but I was happy to be able to get one. 



   No, I wasn't lucky enough to pull this Darth Sidious sketch from that case, but any chance I get to pick up one of Mike's cards from that set for a reasonable price I jump on it. I believe this was an EBay pickup. I did have some luck in the past few weeks in finding a few more of his cards from that set. But I'll save those for another post. Until then, thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment or question, and always looking for more followers! 
#starwars #michaelduron #locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #clonewars #clonewars2008 #darthsidious #emperorpalpatine #palpatine #sith #sithlord #anakinskywalker #anakin #ahsokatano #ahsoka #padmeamidala #lightsaber #usetheforce #maytheforcebewithyou #mtfbwy @michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio 

3 comments:

  1. Are there specific Star Wars characters that you like to see in Locoduck’s style? I’d imagine Count Dooku is probably your favorite....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yoda would be my favorite and Dooku is right up there near the top.

      Delete