Wednesday, July 29, 2020

   I decided a few weeks ago I wanted to refocus my sketch collection. I wanted to focus on what I like the most- the cartoony/comic sketches by artists like Mike, and sketches of my favorite character- Yoda. I ended up selling some of my photorealistic sketches, keeping a few of the ones near and dear to my heart, and also some of the rare ones that I've picked up over the years. Meanwhile, I'm always on the lookout for sketches by Mike.    
   Maybe two or three months ago a member of a Star Wars group I'm in on Facebook was selling a bunch of sketches and I was lucky enough to pick up three sketches by Mike. I asked the seller if he had any other sketches by Mike and he did- three keepers. They were all fantastic. So when I refocused my collection I thought I would take a chance and contact the seller again to see if I could pry one of his keepers away from him.



I offered up one of my better rare sketches in trade and he parted with this stunning beauty- a Revenge of the Sith Widevision Obi-Wan and Anakin lightsaber battle sketch. I've always been a fan of widevision sketches because of the size- more room for the artist to work and be creative. This sketch hits all the high notes with me- a color sketch, great characters, emotion, lightsabers (always a plus for any Star Wars sketch), and I love the background... and all on a widevision card. I gave up a lot, but I couldn't be happier with what I got in return. 
   Thanks for stopping by and reading! 
#starwars #michaelduron #locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #obiwan #obi #jedi #jedimaster  #anakinskywalker #anakin #jediapprentice #darthvader #vader #lordvader #sithapprentice #sith #lightsaber #lightsaberduel #usetheforce #mustafar #youwerethechosenone #revengeofthesith #thephantommenace #attackoftheclones #anewhope #empirestrikesback #returnofthejedi #theforceawakens #thelastjedi #riseofskywalker @michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio 

No comments:

Post a Comment