Sunday, June 28, 2020

    I've been wanting Mike to do a Lord of the Rings project for me for a couple of years, but the semantics (mainly getting enough blanks) took me a while to get in order. My favorite Lord of the Rings movie is "Fellowship of the Ring", with one of my favorite scenes being when Lord Elrond has the meeting to select the Fellowship. That was my project- all 9 members of the Fellowship plus Elrond.




    I love everything about that scene- the participants, the mission, Gimli's failed attempt to destroy the One Ring, the argument that ensues, Frodo's inner turmoil, Frodo volunteering, Gandalf, Aragorn, and Legolas volunteering to go, Gimli making sure to volunteer after "the elf" does, Boromir doing his duty for Gondor (with maybe a hidden agenda?), Sam, Merry, and Pippin secretly hiding then insisting on going, and finally the declaration by Elrond that this would be the "Fellowship of the Ring" (hey, that would be a great name for a book or movie!). 
    So the first sketch in this project is Elrond Lord of Rivendell, who is masterfully played by Hugo Weaving. I hope you like the sketch as much as I do. More to come from this project at a later date. Until then, thanks for reading!
#lordoftherings #michaelduron #locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #fellowshipofthering #thetwotowers #returnoftheking #elrond #lordelrond #rivendell #hugoweaving #frodobaggins #samwisegamgee #bilbobaggins #aragorn #gandalf #legolas #gimli #boromir #merry #pippin @michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio 

2 comments: