Saturday, June 13, 2020

   I don't get the chance very often to pick up one of Mike's Return cards from fellow collectors, so when I got the message that an Anakin Skywalker collector was liquidating some of her collection and, because I had sold her a bunch of Anakin sketches in the past, she was giving me one of the first shots at her sale, I jumped at the opportunity. Looked thru her pages of cards.. saw this full color beauty of Anakin.. Vader's eyes in the background.. holding a lightsaber.. fist clenched. Couldn't believe my luck!! I had to have it!



   Mike always seems to do an exceptional job of capturing the moment or finding the look that conveys exactly what's going on with the character. Anakin Skywalker, not yet Vader, but you can see it in his eyes. The anger on his face. The clenched fist. The Dark Side was coursing thru his body. Others may disagree, but I thought Hayden Christensen did a great job in Revenge of the Sith of conveying the transformation from Anakin the Jedi, to Anakin the apprentice of Darth Sidious. So much conflict in the character- how could he save the woman he loved? He had already failed once with his mother. Could he find a way? Seduced by Sidious and convinced that he could learn a fabled power, he was consumed by his desire to keep Padme safe. So very ironic that in the end his betrayal broke her heart and led to her eventual death. 
   Well, that's all for today. Feel free to sign up for email notifications of new posts and become a follower. Thanks for stopping by and reading!
#starwars #michaelduron #locoduck #locoduckduron #michaelduronportfolio #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #artistreturn #anakin #anakinskywalker #darthvader #vader #lordvader #sithapprentice #sithlord #revengeofthesith #thephantommenace #attackoftheclones #anewhope #empirestrikesback #returnofthejedi #theforceawakens #thelastjedi #riseofskywalker @michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing Anakin Sketch Card! LocoDuck is the man! Both the passion of your writing, combined with the passion of the artwork, make this a great blog that I will follow faithfully! Great Job, David & Michael! - Derek Wischmann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derek- thanks I appreciate that! I have been a huge fan of Mike's art for 13 years. I hope you continue to enjoy the blog!

    ReplyDelete