Wednesday, May 27, 2020

   I make no secret that Yoda is my favorite characters from Star Wars. I love how he was introduced in "Empire Strikes Back", his wisdom, the way he talked, and the way he trained Luke. Luke came to Dagobah looking for this mighty Jedi Master and instead finds this little green creature. Yoda proved that sometimes great things come in small packages. I thought the most poignant moment of Empire was when tiny Yoda lifted the X-wing out of the swamp using the Force after big, tough Luke couldn't.
Luke: "I can't. It's too big"
Yoda: "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size do you?"
Luke: "You want the impossible."
(Yoda lifts X-wing from the swamp and moves it to solid ground)
Luke: "I.. I don't believe it!"
Yoda: "That is why you fail"
   Although we see these glimpses of Yoda's power in "Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi", we don't really see how much of a badass he is until the prequels were made. All I'll say is Yoda's lightsaber battle with Count Dooku... classic!
   Enough of my admiration for Yoda for now. Thanks for reading!
#starwars #michaelduron #Locoduck #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #yoda #masteryoda #jedimaster #jedi #jediapprentice #empirestrikesback #returnofthejedi #Dagobah #xwingfighter #r2d2 #lukeskywalker 
@michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio




No comments:

Post a Comment