Wednesday, May 20, 2020

   I've been lucky enough to be able to have Mike do some original art pieces for me for specific projects. My favorite is this piece of John Rhys-Davies as Gimli the Dwarf, one of my favorite characters from The Lord of the Rings trilogy. When I found out he was going to be at a Con a hundred miles from me, I knew I wanted something special for him to sign. Anyone can buy an 8x10 photo of an actor and get it signed, but I think a custom piece makes it so much more special. I originally asked Mike for something 5x7 size, but he surprised me with this awesome piece that was 8x10. He also put a great panel at the bottom for the signature. John loved the piece, signed his full name, added the character name (Gimli), where the Con was at (Altoona, PA), and dated it (11/6/2016). You may think the Con was in November, but it wasn't- it was in June. In England they put the day before the month, and I guess he did it out of force of habit. It was June 11, 2016. Extremely unique piece and one of my absolute favorite pieces of Michael Duron art. 
Thanks for checking out my blog and as always, thanks for reading!
#lordoftherings #lotr #michaelduron #Locoduck #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #locoduck #originalart #gimli #fellowshipofthering #thetwotowers #returnoftheking #gimlisonofgloin #legolas #gandalf #aragorn #frodobaggins #samwisegamgee #boromir #merry #pippin @michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio




No comments:

Post a Comment