Saturday, May 23, 2020

   The last time I knew I would be seeing Mike I asked him to draw a special Return card for me- a Panoramic sketch from Star Wars Illustrated: A New Hope. I've always been a big fan of the original trilogy, and I had never asked Mike to draw me old Obi-Wan (who I still refer to as Ben Kenobi). The blank was a Panoramic (double the size of a regular sketch card), so why not get the ultimate scene- Ben Kenobi vs Darth Vader? Master vs Padawan. The duel that would shape Luke Skywalker's life. 
   "You can't win Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." 
   These words probably meant very little to the Sith apprentice who had his legs chopped off by his one time Jedi Master and was left burning like a marshmallow for a s'more.
   What Mike drew was way more than I expected. Ben and Vader with lightsabers crossed, another set of lightsabers, and each character drawn even bigger in each corner. That's why I love panoramic sketches- so much room for an artist like Mike to be creative.
I also picked up 3 other pieces of art off Mike that trip. Another return card and some custom art. I'll share those in another post. Until then, thanks for reading!
#starwars #michaelduron #locoduck #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #anewhope #obiwan #obiwankenobi #benkenobi #obi #jedi #jedimaster #jedicouncil #darthvader #vader #anakinskywalker #anakin #iamyourfather #sithlord #sithapprentice #lordvader #lightsaber #lightsaberduel #deathstar @michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio


No comments:

Post a Comment