Monday, July 11, 2022

 I've said this before, and I'll say it again... one of my favorite Star Wars characters drawn by Mike is Chewbacca (see my post from October 2020 for some of Mike's various styles of drawing Chewbacca). And I have been lucky  enough to have gotten a bunch of Mike's Chewbacca sketches over the years- some via Ebay purchases, or from the Facebook Star Wars groups I'm in, and some have come by trades. They just seem to find me. 

Today's Chewbacca sketch is a panoramic sketch from Star Wars Illustrated: Empire Strikes Back, and comes from a good friend who is always on the lookout for me for Duron and other cartoony sketches. I call this one "Hoth Chewy".

What's not to love about this sketch? My favorite thing about this sketch is how Mike drew Chewy's expression. Mike is exceptional at conveying emotions thru expressions. How he draws the eyes. How he draws the mouth. Even the eyebrows help to paint the picture in this sketch. Then Mike takes this sketch a step or two further by adding the windswept fur and the snow. Particularly the snow on Chewy's head. Who can blame him? Nobody likes that snow and wind combination! I feel lucky to have this sketch. Shout-out to my good friend Justin for trading me this beauty!

Well, that's all for today. Thanks for stopping by and reading! 

#starwars #michaelduron #Locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #chewbacca #chewy #petermayhew #empirestrikesback #hoth #snow #anewhope #returnofthejedi #theforceawakens #thelastjedi #riseofskywalker #revengeofthesith #hansolo #milleniumfalcon 

@michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio 




1 comment:

  1. Love it! The snow on the top of the head and wind sweep through the fur are really nice touches. I also like the contrast between the brown, yellow, orange, and sepia on Chewie's fur! Thanks for posting! I was about to tear your arms out of their sockets as you hadn't Blogged in quite a while. I'm glad I didn't have to do that! Cheers! -DWISCH

    ReplyDelete