Thursday, February 10, 2022

 Another sketch from the set that started it all with me- Lord of the Rings Masterpieces II. The first sketch card I ever bought was a Gandalf sketch from Masterpieces II by Mike, and any time I find one of Mike's sketches from this set I try to buy it. Problem is prices have been skyrocketing lately, and I don't have the deep pockets to win as many as I would like. So it thrills me when I get a card like this.. Gandalf, from my favorite set, by my favorite artist. 

I love that Mike's experience doing caricatures comes out in his art for this set. Yes, Ian McKellen has a big nose, but Mike exaggerates it in this sketch and does it flawlessly. Another thing he does in this sketch that some other artists may have not thought to do is the all black background. It's dark in this scene, and while other artists may have only focused on Gandalf,  Mike thought enough to let us know it was dark in the scene. I'm not sure if Mike thinks his way thru his cards or if it just comes to him naturally, but I think it's brilliant. 

Overall just a great addition to my Duron Lord of the Rings collection. 

I know this was short, but that's all I have for today. Thanks for stopping by and reading!

#lordoftherings #michaelduron #Locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #gandalf #ianmckellen #fellowshipofthering #thetwotowers #returnoftheking #minesofmoria

@michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio 



No comments:

Post a Comment