Thursday, August 12, 2021

    So, one last sketch in my big Duron sketch card trade. This one comes from another one of my favorite sets- 2009 Clone Wars Widevision, and it follows the same theme as the sketch in my last post- Bounty Hunters! This one is an awesome full color sketch of IG-88/Cad Bane/Aurra Sing. 

   Some background, that if you've read my blog you may already know. 2008 Clone Wars was the first Star Wars product I ever opened. I enjoyed the movie and when I found out Topps was making a card product for the movie that had sketch cards I ordered my first case. Cards were so reasonable back then. An 8 box case cost me $280. Down the rabbit hole of Star Wars cards I went. After the Clone Wars movie came the Clone Wars TV show. And in 2009 Topps put out their Clone Wars Widevision set. I had a few products under my belt by then- most notably Galaxy 4, so I went all in on Clone Wars Widevision. I ordered 4 cases from my local card shop. I loved the product. So being able to get this card in this trade thrilled me.

    Looking at the sketch, I love how Mike draws IG-88's head extra skinny while drawing Cad Bane's hat extra wide. And the looks on the characters faces show that these Bounty Hunters are all business. Speaking of the looks on their faces, is it just my imagination or do all 3 characters have the same scowl with their mouths? Also, it's great that this sketch was done on a Widevision card because the characters don't have to be bunched together. Mike also added the yellow background which gives the card some depth. Overall, just another great card!

    Well, that's all for today so thanks to all for stopping by and reading!

#starwars #michaelduron #Locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #clonewars #bountyhunter #ig88 #cadbane #aurrasing 

@michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio 



No comments:

Post a Comment