Wednesday, February 10, 2021

    Months without a comic book cover post, and now two back-to-back. Truth be told, I just got this one in off Ebay last week and I might be trading it to a good friend as part of a 3 person trade, all parties Duron fans and all parties receiving Duron cards and or comics in the deal. But back to the custom comic book cover at hand..

   The Hulk has always been a favorite of mine since the Lou Ferrigno/Bill Bixby "The Incredible Hulk" TV show of the late 1970's- early 1980's. Yeah, you go back and watch it now and the special effects are almost laughable, but I was 10 years old when that show debuted and I thought it was awesome at the time! Plus that show is 44 years old, so cut it some slack lol. So I have been a big Hulk fan for a long time. I wasn't as much of a fan of the 2003 Eric Bana "Hulk" movie, but I did think the 2008 Marvel "The Incredible Hulk" movie with Ed Norton was pretty good. I know there are many haters of that movie out there, and maybe I liked it because I'm a fan of both Ed Norton and Liv Tyler, but there it is... I liked that movie. And of course the latest version of Hulk has been played brilliantly by Mark Ruffalo in various Marvel Avenger and Marvel superhero stand alone movies. I thought the Hulk stole the show in the first "Avengers" movie. Best line in the movie (in my opinion) was after Hulk ragdoll thrashed Loki in Tony Stark's building and as he walked away muttered "puny god". Two words bring a smile to any Hulk fan.. and those two words are "Hulk smash!"

   This custom comic book cover is from 2014, so not too long after the "Avengers" movie came out in 2012. I love how Mike drew Hulk- in all his glory! Mouth open, fists clenched... you can almost hear him say "Hulk smash!". One small detail that I also like is how low the Hulk's ears sit- kinda makes me laugh when I look at them. That's what Mike's art has always been about for me- it makes me smile. 

   Well that's all for today. I promise next week won't be a custom comic book cover, it'll be back to a card. Thanks to all for stopping by and reading!

#marvel #michaelduron #Locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #theincrediblehulk #thehulk #hulk #theavengers #markruffalo #edwardnorton #ericbana #louferrigno #billbixby #stanlee #jackkirby #ironman #captainamerica #thor #blackwidow #hawkeye #nickfury #loki #kevinfeige

@michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio 




No comments:

Post a Comment