Wednesday, February 17, 2021

    Today's post is about one of the most beloved characters in all of Star Wars. A character who has been in (a tie for) the most Star Wars movies ever... ten (10). He was Luke's favorite companion, and although I have never understood a word he said I still think he's cool. He's my favorite droid and yours... R2D2! Or as R2 would say "boop beep beep boop!". 

   I picked up this Revenge of the Sith Widevision 3D sketch last year in (I believe) the Star Wars Card Collectors group on Facebook. Mike did a few of these "close up" views of characters for this set. In fact I believe I posted a General Grievous in this style a while back. I've probably said this before, but I'm a big fan of Widevision sketch cards because they give the artist more room to work. To be 100% honest, I'm not a huge fan of these close up sketches by Mike. Personally, I'd rather see the whole character, especially one like R2D2. But I still love having this sketch in my collection. 

   I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the actor who played R2D2 for most of his Star Wars movies- Kenny Baker. He passed away in 2016, but he was a key member of the core actors that made the original trilogy so special. Thanks Uncle Kenny.

   That's all for this week. Thanks for stopping by and reading!

#starwars #michaelduron #Locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #r2d2 #artoo #r2 #kennybaker #anewhope #empirestrikesback #returnofthejedi #thephantommenace #attackoftheclones #revengeofthesith #theforceawakens #thelastjedi #riseofskywalker #rogueone 

@michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio 






No comments:

Post a Comment