Wednesday, February 3, 2021

    So it's been awhile since I posted a custom Comic Book cover by Mike, but I just got a new one today (subject for a future post) so I thought I would reach into my small collection of them and bring one out for today's post. I honestly can't remember where I got this one at, but I believe it was an Ebay purchase. 

   This one is a Darth Vader and Stormtroopers on a Darth Vader #1 comic blank cover variant edition. Vader. Lightsaber. Stormtroopers. It's awesome! If you ever have the chance to commission an artist like Mike to do a custom comic book for you, go for it! At Cons, many artists will bring both blank cover comics ready for commissions, or comic books with the artwork already done and ready to buy. It's a fantastic way to support an artist you like. And there are many different comic book titles to choose from, so you can find a book for pretty much any character(s) you want drawn. 

   Back to today's comic book, it reminds  me a little of the opening scene of "A New Hope" where Vader was coming aboard Princess Leia's ship. I think all the shooting was over by the time Vader boarded the ship, so I don't remember him having his lightsaber drawn, but that's why I said it reminds me "a little" of that scene. I also like how Mike uses the familiar (to Star Wars fans) background designs on each side of the cover. Another thing I like is that Vader has his fist clenched as a signal of dominance, and it's very cool how Mike has Vader towering above the Stormtroopers, showing off his impressive size. And that brings me to my last point for this post- another big plus of getting a custom Comic Book cover is it's a bigger piece of artwork to enjoy. I love sketch cards, but there is so much room for an artist to work on when they do a comic book for you. 

   Well, that's all for this week. Thanks to all for stopping by and reading! 

#starwars #michaelduron #Locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #darthvader #vader #lordvader #sithapprentice #Sithlord #jamesearljones #davidprowse  #Stormtroopers #lightsaber #anewhope #empirestrikesback #returnofthejedi #thephantommenace #attackoftheclones #revengeofthesith #theforceawakens #thelastjedi #riseofskywalker #rogueone #anakinskywalker #anakin #comicbook #comic 

@michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment