Wednesday, January 13, 2021

    Samwise Gamgee. "Sam". Frodo Baggins' best friend and gardener. Frodo's loyal companion, and some say the true hero of the Lord of the Rings saga. Sam was played on-screen in the latest Lord of the Rings trilogy by Sean Astin, and voiced by illustrious actor Roddy McDowall in the "Return of the King" animated movie in 1979. I have been a big Sean Astin fan since "The Goonies" and "Rudy". I do have to mention, since this is my blog, that Sean ripped my heart out at a Con in December of 2019. Sean and Billy Boyd were to be at Steel City Con outside of Pittsburgh so I bought tickets for the show and got a CUSTOM PIECE OF ARTWORK made by (you guessed it) Michael Duron featuring all 4 Hobbits of the Shire (Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin), and what did Sean Aston do? Cancelled on the show two days before the show started! Noooooooooooooo! I was bummed. Okay, enough of my personal Sean Astin tragic heartbreaking schedule changing disappointment. 

   One of Sam's greatest attributes is his loyalty. When Sam said he was going to show up somewhere, he did. He didn't let his Shire agent schedule a conflicting gardening job. He showed up! He didn't disappoint hundreds yea thousands of fans or Fellowship members, whichever the case may be. 

   That's all for today folks.. too many painful memories of a Sean Astin-less Con flooding my memories. 

#lordoftherings #michaelduron #Locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #fellowshipofthering #thetwotowers #returnoftheking #samwisegamgee #sam #seanastin #roddymcdowall #thegoonies #rudy #steelcitycon #lastminutenoshow #schedulingconflict #whyseanwhy






Note: Although I was disappointed by Sean's late cancellation, all references to that subject are just my attempts at comedy. I have and always will be a big Sean Astin fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment