Wednesday, January 6, 2021

    I'm always on the lookout for Mike's sketches, especially from Star Wars products from the early years of my collecting (2008-2009). My first ever set was 2008 Clone Wars, and my second was the glorious return of the Galaxy line with Galaxy 4 in early 2009. Being only the second product released since I had gotten into the hobby, I wasn't aware how big of a deal this set really was. I'd have to say one of the coolest things about Galaxy sets was the base cards were made thru artist submissions. Galaxy 4 also had a sketch card per box, even more rare "retail red" sketch cards (found only at Target stores), the first ever Star Wars die-cut sketch cards, artist autographed Galaxy Two base cards, printing plates, and limited edition reprints and autographed reprints of the ultra rare "Lost Yoda" promo card. This set had it all! 

   I saw this Anakin on Ebay, and it was a little above what I would have really wanted to pay for it. I originally wasn't going to bid on it, but a friend generously offered to help if I wanted it. Luckily for me, two days before the card was to go off I made a sale on Ebay for literally the exact same price as the starting bid for the Anakin sketch. Problem solved. On the last day I bid, and I was the only bid, so I had it!

   Just by the looks of it, I'm going to say this is a "Attack of the Clones" Anakin, because he has no scar above and below his right eye. And I think that ponytail is also a dead giveaway of AOTC Anakin. Full color, great facial expression, love the background- this is a top notch sketch and I was very glad to add it to my collection. 

   That's it for today. Thanks all for stopping by and reading!

#starwars #michaelduron #Locoduck #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #anakinskywalker #anakin #sithlord #sithapprentice #darthvader #vader #lordvader #haydenchristensen #galaxysketch 

@michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment