Wednesday, January 20, 2021

    More Chewbacca love!!! Who doesn't love Chewbacca? You in the back with your hand up... get out!

   If you go back to my "Chewbacca punch!" post from October 14th of last year, you saw five of Mike's versions of Chewbacca. A good friend of mine (Justin) traded me today's Chewbacca- It's an earlier one, from Galaxy 5. It's fun to see how Mike's style has morphed over the years. In fact, another good friend (Brian) has tried (so far unsuccessfully) to get me to do a blog post about Mike's style thru the years. I told him if he writes it, I will gladly take the credit and post it lol. This Chewbacca sketch isn't really detailed, but it doesn't have to be- it's still a great depiction of Chewy. I like how Mike almost always draws Chewbacca with the ammo belt around his shoulder. And this version of Chewbacca looks more like a dog than a Wookie. That's okay though. No matter what version he draws, Mike always finds a way to show the essence of a character. Maybe I'm biased. Okay, no maybe about it... I know I'm biased. Mike's art just speaks to me. 

   Anyways, that's all for today. Thanks for stopping by and reading!

#starwars #michaelduron #Locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #chewbacca #chewy #petermayhew #anewhope #empirestrikesback #returnofthejedi #theforceawakens #thelastjedi #riseofskywalker #soloastarwarsstory

@michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio 





2 comments:

  1. This “Brian” fellow sounds like an amazing person!! What a wonderful and brilliant idea he had for your next post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Brian" has the best Duron collection that I know of, so ya, he is an great guy (amazing might be pushing it).
    His idea is wonderful and brilliant, if he comes thru with the post. So far he has been as lackadaisical as me on following thru with it. Maybe one day it'll happen!

    ReplyDelete