Wednesday, September 2, 2020

   As I've said before, Mike uses many different styles when he draws, and I love to get his sketches with as many different styles as possible. I just acquired this week's card in a trade, and although I have seen Mike use this style before, he doesn't use it very often. I'm not even sure what to call this style, I just know I like it.
   One of the things that made me want this card (besides the subject matter) is that it's from a Widevision set. Widevision and panoramic cards are my favorites because there's more room for the artist to work. This one has Darth Vader and two Snowtroopers and is from the Empire Strikes Back 3D Widevision set. 



   I love how Mike shows Vader's anger by just the way he draws his eyes in this card. So subtle but so effective. Empire is probably my favorite Star Wars movie, and Darth Vader the ultimate movie villain. Of course I love how George Lucas redeems Vader at the end of "Return of the Jedi" and softens that villain image, but that's for another time and hopefully another card. 
   Until next time, thanks for stopping by and thanks for reading! 
#starwars #michaelduron #locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #darthvader #vader #lordvader #sithapprentice #darkside #anakinskywalker #anakin #snowtrooper #empirestrikesback #anewhope #returnofthejedi #thephantommenace #attackoftheclones #revengeofthesith #theforceawakens #thelastjedi #riseofskywalker 

No comments:

Post a Comment