Wednesday, September 16, 2020

    Back in 2010 at a show outside of Pittsburgh, I bought two Galaxy 5 sketches by Mike that he had done in a "stained glass" style. One was Darth Maul, the other Cad Bane. Very unique, very different. I had only seen one other sketch in this style since, and I missed out on it on EBay. As luck has it, sometimes you get a second chance to get a card you want, and that's exactly what happened to me. I was having a conversation with another member of a Star Wars group on Facebook, and we both had cards the other was interested in adding to their collections. 


   This Han Solo and Chewbacca stained glass sketch was one of two Michael Duron sketches I got in the deal. For me it was the best of both worlds- two of Star Wars' best characters, and a rare style. 

   So it's been 10 years since I've been able to blog about one of these rare sketches, and as luck has it I was able to get a little more information on them, and also found one extremely important date from my history. A good friend found a website that tracks sketch card sales on EBay and gave me the link. I punched in "Duron sketch" and saw a bonanza of sketches sold on EBay in the past 12+ years. I found 4 more of the stained glass sketches (Leia, Luke, Boba Fett, and a Stormtrooper). 






I also found the sketch that started it all (see former blog post), but more importantly found the date that I bought it


   March 9, 2008. This was not only my first Michael Duron sketch purchase, it was my first sketch purchase of any kind. Before March 9, 2008 I didn't know sketch cards existed. And if not for an EBay search for Lord of the Rings cards, I may have never noticed them. So that was the exact day my journey began, for good or bad lol. I think it's cool that I now have that bit of information. 

   Anyways, enough of my babbling. Thanks for stopping by and reading! 

#starwars #michaelduron #locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #hansolo #han #chewbacca #chewy #stainedglass #anewhope #empirestrikesback #returnofthejedi #theforceawakens #thelastjedi #riseofskywalker 

No comments:

Post a Comment