Wednesday, September 30, 2020

If you remember back a few posts to the stained glass Star Wars Han Solo and Chewbacca sketch I got, it was part of a big trade that I made. Another piece of the trade was this card- a 2010 Galaxy 5 (what I call) "Vader in three stages" sketch. Young Anakin, older Anakin, and finally Vader. 


The person who traded this sketch to me was told that it was one of Mike's Return cards/artist proofs from Galaxy 5. I think it's cool that it's a retail sketch- much rarer stock. Galaxy 5 sketches didn't have the inner border that this card has- Mike drew it. And I love how Mike goes "outside the border" with young Anakin's head and shoulder, and older Anakin's lightsaber. It just gives the sketch added depth. Probably my favorite part of this sketch is how Mike drew older Anakin with an angry and defiant look on his face. Just an awesome sketch and definitely one of the jewels of my collection. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for reading!
#starwars #michaelduron #locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #darthvader #vader #lordvader #sithapprentice #anakinskywalker #anakin #sithlord #thephantommenace #attackoftheclones #revengeofthesith #anewhope #empirestrikesback #returnofthejedi #rogueone #jamesearljones #davidprowse @michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment