Wednesday, August 19, 2020

   Back to the Fellowship...
   So far we've seen Lord Elrond and Frodo Baggins. Next up.. Gandalf the Grey. The unofficial leader of the Fellowship. The first to pledge his service to Frodo. 
   Gandalf is such a central figure in Tolkien's Middle Earth. He convinced Thorin Oakenshield to get a Party together to take back their Homeland, and he was lock step with Lord Elrond to send a group to try to protect the ringbearer as he traveled to Mount Doom.



   If you've followed my blog, going the whole way back to the original blog, a Lord of the Rings Masterpieces II "Gandalf" sketch by Mike was my very first sketch card purchase...



   A bit of a difference, eh? I was looking up Lord of the Rings stuff on EBay, saw that sketch, and I knew I had to have it. I don't remember the exact price, but I think it was kinda cheap (maybe $25?). Gandalf always was one of my favorite characters, and this sketch solidified it. 
   Back to the new Gandalf sketch, the look on Gandalf's face is almost meditative. And I love that Mike included his staff in this one too. If you've ever seen Mike draw live in one of his videos, Mike's a genius with how he knows right where to outline a feature with black or use a white marker to make something stand out. The dark shading on his robe to show the folds and the furrows- that takes years of experience to get just the right look. Mike nails it. For me, it all adds up to just a great piece of artwork. 
   Oh well, enough for today. Thanks for stopping by and reading. 
#lordoftherings #michaelduron #Locoduck #locoduckduron #artistsketchcard #artistsketch #sketch #gandalf #gandalfthegrey #gandalfstormcrow #whiterider #mithrandir #ianmckellen #sirianmckellen #fellowshipofthering #thetwotowers #returnoftheking #lordelrond #frodobaggins #bilbobaggins #samwisegamgee #aragorn #legolas #gimli #boromir #merry #pippin @michaelduron @locoduckduron @michaelduronportfolio 

No comments:

Post a Comment